The Electric Eel Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive procedure outlining the safety steps for the use of an electric eel for unblocking drains.
The Electric Eel SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
This Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) provides guidance on the use of an Electric Eel to clear blockages in drainage pipes.This includes planning, preparation, operation, emergency management considerations and maintenance.
Note: Methods in this SWMS should not override specific operating instructions for a particular machine. Amend this SWMS as necessary.
This Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is provided in the following document formats
Save time with our pre-filled, fully customisable templates. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks ensuring it is specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and inclusion in your overall WHS System.
Operation: (extract only)
- Ensure operating instructions for machine are followed
- Ensure cable is under tension and then start machine
- Allow cable to feed into pipeline
- If using foot or hand held switch ensure body positioning correct for immediate use
- As appropriate, turn machine off and add additional cable until blockage is reached
- During operation use water to flush through pipe as necessary (ensure machine and power leads do not come in contact with water)
- To clear a blockage run alternate reverse and forward actions until cleared (do not allow machine to excessively labour under load as cable may break)
- Do not allow slack in cable at any point
- After making initial opening in blockage -reverse cable from pipe taking up slack as it exits
- DO NOT use rags or loose gloves to handle cable under tension
- DO NOT place hands near cable drum or feeder tubes while machine is connected to power source
Take $150 OFF Quality Management System Sale.
Add coupon code QUALITY at checkout.