The Spillage Control in Shopping Centres Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps for the cleaning up of spills at a Shopping Centre complex, as required, during the centre’s normal operating hours.
This SWMS does not cover general cleaning of a shopping centre including the cleaning of walls, ceilings and windows above 1.5 metres in height.
This SWMS does not cover in detail procedures for workers who are required to work alone, or within isolated areas in the shopping centre precinct. A dedicated “Working Alone Procedure” and / or SWMS should be developed and implemented.
This SWMS includes:
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
Obtain and read the current (within 5 year issue date) Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for all chemicals used. Ensure SDS available at site.
Follow instructions for use, storage, PPE, disposal as recommended by the manufacturer & the SDS
Some commercial cleaning products are IRRITANTS.
Prolonged contact with chemicals may lead to skin rashes or Dermatitis.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
When handling/ using concentrated chemicals or when splashing may occur wear:
- PVC or rubber gloves
- Safety Glasses
- Closed in shoes or safety boots
- Ensure any spills are cleaned up quickly
- Mop up excess with mop
- Rinse with water
General instructions for use:
- Dilute chemicals as directed on the label
- Dilute only what is necessary for use at the time
- Storage below chest level (liquid chemical)
- Decanting done in well-ventilated, well-lit area with access to spill- containment kit
- Ensure First Aid kit available
- Ensure emergency access to running water for eye- wash
- Dispose of chemicals appropriately
Take $150 OFF Quality Management System Sale.
Add coupon code QUALITY at checkout.