The Battery Charger for Electric Vehicles Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive procedure outlining the safety steps for the maintenance and charging of batteries in electric vehicles such as Forklifts.
The Battery - Electric Vehicle Work Method Statement (WMS) is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
This Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) covers the repair, servicing and charging of Electrical Vehicle Batteries.
Hazardous elements associated with this work include exposure to Sulphuric Acid causing burns to skin, eyes and respiratory system. Explosive gases leading to injury and property damage. Lead poisoning. Electrocution and hazardous manual tasks injuries.
This SWMS does not cover operation of forklifts or other vehicles.
The Battery - Electric Vehicle Work Method Statement can be used as part of your WHS inductions, for Tool box talks or tender applications.
Operation: (extract only)
Charging battery. Ensure:
- Check battery condition before charging. If terminals/casing severely rusted, or battery damaged, do not recharge.
- Charger is off before connecting (Live leads can cause arcing and pitting of battery connector contact surfaces.)
- Electrical connections are tight to prevent any arcing or loss of power.
- To ensure batteries are reconnected with the correct polarity ensure that they are clearly marked "positive" and "negative" when removing
If the battery has sealed vents, do not recharge the battery with a current greater than 25 amps. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for voltage.
- Vent caps are functioning correctly and in place during charging
- Any cover over the battery is held open to allow gases to escape
- Exposure standards are not exceeded ( e.g. fumes, gases)
- No smoking
- No open flame
- No use of mobile phones or electronic devices
- Keep metal objects away from tops of batteries
Take $150 OFF Quality Management System Sale.
Add coupon code QUALITY at checkout.