Our ENTIRE document library can be yours for 1 low, annual subscription fee.
Save thousands of dollars, enjoy latest edition documents and free upgrades to revised issues. Click here to find out more
The Airless Spray Gun Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps for the use of an airless spray unit.
This SWMS is designed to be used as a stand-alone document however spray painting may incorporate other ‘high risk’ construction activities such as working at heights e.g. cherry picker or scaffolding. If these, or any other high risk activities, are undertaken as part of your spray painting project, a dedicated SWMS must incorporate that activity or, this SWMS must be amended to incorporate that activity.
Main hazards include:
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals (e.g. occupational asthma, skin sensitisation, respiratory diseases, cancer)
This SWMS includes:
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
Ensure correct pressure for the operation of spray gun.
- Spray gun hoses are routed as straight as possible to avoid kinking
- Do not plug into electrical outlet where chance of fumes accumulating
- Work arranged to minimise exposure. Be aware of wind direction, avoid spraying into wind (rotate work –not operator)
- Spray gun pointed only at the work – never at you, another person, or dirt or debris.
- Spraying is not done in upward direction, as this directs spray into breathing zone and face
- Operate as per manufacturer’s instructions and pressure recommendations.
- Hold gun approximately 30-40cm from work. Hold gun straight, do not tilt.
- Release the paint-line pressure and switch off power before changing accessories or for maintenance.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Call our customer service team1300 306 604
Customer Service Availability
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm AEST