Our ENTIRE document library can be yours for 1 low, annual subscription fee.
Save thousands of dollars, enjoy latest edition documents and free upgrades to revised issues. Click here to find out more
The Bobcat Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps for the general operation of a Bobcat / Skid-Steer Loader on construction sites or defined road construction zones.
This SWMS covers a Diesel powered Bobcat / Skid-Steer Loader. This SWMS does not include specialised procedures associated with the use of attachments as cranes/lifting aids, or changing/repairing tyres or rims in sufficient detail.
Main Hazards include:
- Roll-over of plant (bobcat / Skid-Steer loader)
- Collision with other mobile plant, vehicles or pedestrians
- Contact with overhead power lines
- Fire/explosion from contact with underground utilities (gas)
- Hazardous Chemicals – fuel, oils, lubricants, coolants
- Hearing Loss
- Hazardous manual tasks- vibration, prolonged sitting
This SWMS includes:
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
Ensure tow/transport vehicle and ramps are suitable (i.e. within SWL).
Assess ground conditions at loading/unloading site to determine forward or reverse loading. Ensure clear of obstructions (tree branches, structures / overhead electric lines etc.)
Apply handbrake and block tow/transport vehicle wheels if required.
Lock ramps in place, use locking pin/clips if required.
- Blocking front/rear tyres / tracks
- Use suitably rated tie-down chains/hooks
- Fasten tie-down chains (use tie-down points on plant if provided)
- Tie-down bucket in lowered position.
- Operate as per manufacturer’s instructions. Wear seatbelt.
- Do not attempt to operate equipment standing next to it and guiding it off ramps.
- Raise bucket/attachment, approx. 300mm off bed during unloading (or as instructed by manufacturer).
Ensure persons are clear of loading/unloading site.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Call our customer service team1300 306 604
Customer Service Availability
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm AEST