Our ENTIRE SWMS document library has just been updated.
For customers looking to upgrade your already existing SWMS to the new 2014 version. Click here for your free quote.
The Concrete Truck Operation Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive 14 page procedure outlining the safety steps for the use of a Concrete Truck.
The Concrete Truck Work Method Statement (WMS) is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
This SWMS covers the general operation of a Concrete Delivery (Agitator) Truck, including loading, transport to site, concrete delivery and wash-up. This SWMS does not cover preparation of the concrete mix and concrete quality standards. This SWMS does not cover cleaning of hardened concrete from within drum/barrel (chipping).
A site-specific SWMS should be developed for unloading at sites where particular hazards, not covered in this SWMS, may be present.
- Electric shock
- Vehicle accident
- Hit by moving vehicles
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals
The Concrete Truck Work Method Statement can be used as part of your WHS inductions, for Tool box talks or tender applications.
The Concrete Truck SWMS includes:
Operation: (extract only)
Loading at plant:
- Follow instructions for loading. Example:
- Ensure no persons in loading area
- Park in designated area
- Secure park brake
- Stand in safe location – clear of drum, hopper, chute area
- Operate drum at appropriate speed (as per concrete specification and mixing instructions
- Check water levels and admixture tanks as required
- Use stairways, platforms etc to visually check slump – ensure correct consistency
Delivery at site:
- Upon arrival – notify site management/security
- Follow site rules as required
- Follow traffic management for site (speed limits, direction of traffic, no go zones etc)
- Liaise with site management to obtain relevant details (changed work plan, hazardous works, etc)
- Check that “acceptable delivery conditions” have been met
- Ensure conditions are suitable for delivery (sufficient lighting, suitable weather, sufficient time for delivery etc)
Can't find what you're looking for?
Call our customer service team1300 306 604
Customer Service Availability
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm AEST