Celebrating 10 years - 72 HOUR BDAY OFFER
The Glass Handling Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps involved with the handling of Glass, including the transport of glass sheets to/from sites, storage on site and general safe handling while on site and during installation.
This SWMS does not cover manufacturing glass, glass cutting, use of an overhead crane or forklift, installation of balustrades or installation of glass in buildings above 4 metres which involves work at height. Dedicated SWMS should be developed for these tasks, and for any risks not covered in this SWMS.
- Struck by moving object – glass sheets
- Struck by projectiles – glass fragments
- Entrapment / Crushing
- Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) from hazardous manual tasks
- Slips, trips & falls
- Vehicles / Mobile Plant
This SWMS includes:
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
Unloading. General Safety. Ensure:
- Unloading must be supervised by a competent person
- Delivery drivers must be met and shown by responsible person where the unloading will be done
- Delivery driver may provide written instructions from the supplier regarding how to unload the glass safely
- No pedestrians or excess workers in the unloading area
- The delivery driver should remain in the vehicle during unloading
- Glass should be inspected for damage to packaging or breakage beforeunloading begins
- The load must be stable and inspection completed before unloading commenced
- Glass should not be unloaded on sloping ground where the safe lean on the load is reduced.
- Trucks, plant and equipment should only be raised or levelled with suitably designed jacks or vehicle stands
- Before untying a load the driver should check the glass has a positive lean and as unloading progresses, check that this lean remains positive on the loose side
- Take care that once part of the load has been removed the vehicle remains evenly loaded for continuing deliveries, as required
- Adequate number of trained workers available to do the unloading
- Lifting equipment appropriate and used as required
- Vacuum lifters /crane etc. are:
Can't find what you're looking for?
Call our customer service team1300 306 604
Customer Service Availability
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm AEST