Celebrating 10 years - 72 HOUR BDAY OFFER
The Knife SWMS is a comprehensive procedure outlining the safety steps for the use of knives.
It is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
This Work Method Statement provides guidance on the use of hand held knives. This includes fixed, folding and sliding blade (utility) knives.
Guidance is provided on choosing the appropriate knife, preparing your work area, safe use and handling of a knife, sharpening and disposal of blades.
- Slips, trips
- Puncture wound
- Exposure to biological fluids
The Knife SWMS can be used as part of your WHS inductions, for Tool box talks or tender applications.
The Knife SWMS includes:
Save time with our pre-filled, fully customisable templates. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks ensuring it is specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and inclusion in your overall WHS System.
Operation: (extract only)
- Maintain safe separation between others when using knife
- Any spills or trip hazards are removed immediately
- Utility knife blades are changed when edge becomes dulled
- Knives are sharpened when edge becomes dulled
- Do not use fingers to snap off blades
- Do not snap off by applying force to blade with knife itself. This may lead to uncontrolled release of blade segments
- Use pliers (or similar) or supplied attachment to contain snapped off section of blade
- Break off blade at scored breaking points
- Dispose of snapped off blades in appropriate ‘sharps’ container
Can't find what you're looking for?
Call our customer service team1300 306 604
Customer Service Availability
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm AEST