The Working with Lead Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps to identify and manage health & safety risks when working in a workplace where Lead Processes are carried out, or when working near or with items containing Lead at a workplace.
This SWMS does not cover the transportation of chemicals containing Lead classified as Dangerous Goods, which is covered by the Australian Code for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail (ADG Code)
This SWMS does not cover:
- Chemicals, other than Lead, that require health monitoring that are specifically included under Schedule 14 of the WHS Regulation 2011
- Spray painting involving the use of Lead Carbonate
Dedicated SWMS should be developed for these tasks, and for any risks not covered in this SWMS.
Main hazards include:
Death, Disease or Illness caused by:
- Exposure to Hazardous Chemical - Lead:
Environmental risks may include:
- death or injury to vegetation and animals caused by Lead poisoning
- pollution of waterways and water catchment areas
- pollution of the atmosphere by production of Lead Dust
This SWMS includes:
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
The purchasing of Lead or items / materials containing Lead should be controlled and approved by a designated manager, who is trained and familiar with Lead or items / materials containing Lead and Chemical Management.
Approval to purchase Lead or items / materials containing Lead should only be provided if:
- The relevant SDS has been reviewed
- It has been determined that no safer alternative is available
- The volume of the chemical /material / item is appropriate to the expected short-term demand for use
- Adequate handling and storage facilities are available
- Appropriate facilities and competent staff are available to safely carryout (or supervise) the work involving the Lead or items / materials containing Lead
- Health monitoring program has been commenced, as required
- Any documentation / notifications / licenses required by the relevant Authority has been completed prior to purchase
Lead or items / materials containing Lead should be purchased in small quantities, as required. The cost of chemical waste disposal often cancels out any cost saving achieved by purchasing in bulk.
Records must be kept of all Lead or Lead containing item / materials purchased, used and stored on-site.
Take $150 OFF Quality Management System Sale.
Add coupon code QUALITY at checkout.