Our ENTIRE document library can be yours for 1 low, annual subscription fee.
Save thousands of dollars, enjoy latest edition documents and free upgrades to revised issues. Click here to find out more
The Linisher Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps for the operation of a Linisher under normal operational conditions and situations.
- Struck by ejected / flying objects
- Struck by objects – cuts / lacerations
- Moving/rotating parts - entanglement
- Electricity - electric shock
- Burns – to skin
- Dust - inhalation
- Hazardous Manual Handling – causing musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) - prolonged standing, awkward positions, repetition of movements
- Noise - loss of hearing, inability to hear surrounding warnings or hazards
Environmental risks may include land contamination as a result of incorrect disposal of waste materials; contamination of waterways as a result of materials and dust and being swept away from work area during clean up.
This SWMS includes:
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
Ensure power is turned off & machine is isolated before performing pre – operational checks
Check suitable barriers are in place to stop workers not using the Linisher from unnecessarily entering the area.
- Work area kept clean and tidy and is free from trip, slip and fall hazards
- Worn or damaged tools are removed and not used
- Emergency stop button/pedal is present, identifiable (e.g. red), operational and can be reached by workers from all positions when operating the Linisher
- Test & Tag of electrical equipment current
Abrasive belt and sanding disc:
- Check for wear, tears, cracks or flaws
- Defective belts must be replaced
- Work tables should be set so that the gaps are at a minimum
- All guards must be in-place.
- Linisher face guards must be clean and in place
- Machines with missing guards must be removed from service to prevent injuries
Can't find what you're looking for?
Call our customer service team1300 306 604
Customer Service Availability
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm AEST