Our ENTIRE document library can be yours for 1 low, annual subscription fee.
Save thousands of dollars, enjoy latest edition documents and free upgrades to revised issues. Click here to find out more
The Pool Construction – in ground, Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive 21 page procedure.
This SWMS covers general hazards associated with installation of in-ground swimming pools. This SWMS should be used in conjunction with SWMS dedicated to Trenching operations, Confined Space Entry (as required), Concrete Pumping /Mixing etc, Use of Excavator, Hiab Crane Truck and other plant and equipment.
The Pool Construction – in ground procedure is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall OHS System.
The Pool Construction – in ground Work Method Statement can be used as part of your OHS inductions, for Tool box talks or tender applications.
The Pool Construction – in ground Safety Procedure includes:
Obtain information about:
- Type of soil (moisture content, hardpan, clay, silt, loam, sand, layered, backfill, etc)
- Water table
- Slope/ lean of land
- Underground assets including pipelines
- Previous excavations in area
- Proximity to buildings
Seek geotechnical analysis as required. Notify relevant State Authority as required. Example: If persons are to enter trench, notify 3 days prior to excavation.
Seek qualified persons advice (engineer) if:
- Excavation is more than 6m deep
- Any excavation 1.5m or more that persons will enter
Seek building permits with local authority.
Select appropriate placement for pool. Consider:
- Property lines
- Proximity to buildings/structures
- Trees and root systems
- Overhead obstructions (trees, power lines etc)
- Accessibility of excavator to area
- Local permit / Code requirements
- Underground utilities
- Septic tank/ leaching fields
- Design specifications as required
Can't find what you're looking for?
Call our customer service team1300 306 604
Customer Service Availability
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm AEST