Can't find a package that suits your needs?
Request a quote for your discounted SWMS pack when you buy 3 or more SWMS today.
The Cement Render Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps for cement rendering.
This SWMS covers the task of cement rendering on walls of buildings.
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) must be obtained for all chemicals (cement & cement products) that are to be used during this task.
This SWMS does not cover working on scaffolds, working on trestles, working on ladders, using a cement mixer and working with hazardous chemicals in sufficient detail. Dedicated SWMS should be obtained and developed for these tasks, and for any risks not covered in this SWMS.
It is recommended that SWMS specifically covering the following tasks should be used in conjunction with the Cement Rendering SWMS:
- Working on Scaffolds
- Working on Trestles
- Working on Ladders
- Work at Heights
- Cement Mixer (Powered or Petrol) – if applicable
This SWMS includes:
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
- Surface is rough to allow a good adhesion and/or a bonding product is applied.
If bonding product is used it can be applied to the surface
and added to the mix. Alternatively apply a dash coat, which is splattered or flicked onto the surface to give a rougher surface to accept the finish coat.
- Surface should be dampened.
- The required number of coats is applied.
- In dry conditions to ensure that cracking does not occur, render will be kept damp for an appropriate period. (2-3 days.)
- Apply render onto the surface by floating with a steel float. The render should be smoothed as work progresses.
- Ensure surface is flush and level by finishing with a large float.
- Plaster as required after the render has set.
- Ensure that render surface is totally dry before any other work is carried out.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Call our customer service team1300 306 604
Customer Service Availability
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm AEST