The Truck & Plant Site Maintenance Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps associated with the Site Maintenance of Trucks and Plant. Duties include Fuelling, Tyre Pressure Maintenance, Earthmoving Attachment Transport and Greasing (with compressor driven air greaser).
This SWMS does not cover changing truck or plant tyres and rims in sufficient detail - Use the Tyres, Wheels and Rims SWMS for these tasks. This SWMS does not cover the re-fuelling of Gas powered vehicles/ plant, refer to the SWMS for the specific vehicle/plant for this information.
Main hazards include:
- Being struck by moving vehicle
- Exposure to high pressure air/fluid
- Hazardous Manual Handling
- Slips, trips
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals
This SWMS includes:
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
Do not re-enter the truck/plant during refuelling. If you cannot avoid re-entering the truck/plant, discharge any static build-up BEFORE reaching for the nozzle by touching something metal with a bare hand -- such as the truck/cabin door -- away from the nozzle.
Fuel Containers: WARNING
- Do not cut, drill, grind, weld or perform similar operations on or near containers
- Fuel containers must not be used for storage of other products
- Containers, even those that have been emptied, can contain explosive vapours
- Ensure containers are suitable for contents and labelled
- Do not use plastic containers unless designed for storing fuel
Container disposal (if applicable):
- Drain container thoroughly
- After draining, vent in a safe place away from sparks and fire. Residues may cause an explosion hazard
- Do not, puncture, cut, or weld uncleaned drums
- Send to drum recycler, or back to supplier
- Do not pollute the soil, water or environment with the waste container.
- Evacuate all unnecessary personnel
- If possible contain the spill
- Place inert, non-combustible, absorbent material onto spillage
- Use clean non-sparking tools to collect the material and place into a suitable labelled container
- Dispose of as per SDS instructions and local waste facility or following EPA directives
- For large spills – contact Emergency Services immediately (000).
Can't find what you're looking for?
Call our customer service team1300 306 604
Customer Service Availability
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm AEST