The Vehicle Hoist Safe Work Method Statement is a comprehensive procedure outlining the safety steps for the use of a vehicle hoist.
The Vehicle Hoist SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
This Safe Work Method Statement covers the use of Wheel Supporting Vehicle Hoists, Body Supporting Vehicle Hoists and Movable Hoists
This SWMS does not apply to car stackers, parking machine ramps or other vehicle lifting devices.
The latest instructions and recommendations for use should at all times be available to people working with the applicable vehicle hoist.
Main Hazards include:
This SWMS includes:
Save time with our pre-filled, fully customisable templates. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks ensuring it is specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and inclusion in your overall WHS System.
Operation – Wheel supporting vehicle hoists:
- Drive the vehicle slowly and carefully onto the hoist and position it centrally.
- If the vehicle has front wheel restraints, drive the vehicle forward until the wheels lock into the brackets.
- Check that it’s correctly positioned on the platform. If it is, apply the emergency brake and select first gear or park.
- Ensure vehicle mass is distributed equally
- Wheels are centred on runways (adjust runways to suit vehicle)
- Secure vehicles in position with stops or other securing devices
- If vehicle is running ensure it is in neutral (or park for automatic transmissions)
- Ensure vehicle at no time becomes unstable
- If using single ram hoist ensure hoist maintains position relative to floor recesses
Take $150 OFF Quality Management System Sale.
Add coupon code QUALITY at checkout.