Instant Download via Email
- Complies with current legislation in all States and Territories
- Instant Download delivered via email
- MS Word format for easy customisation/editing
- Downloading and Customising Instructions provided
- Assists with compliance requirements for WHS inspections
- Review Date: 14 March 2014
This Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps, main hazards, risks and controls associated with the installation (laying) of vinyl flooring using rolls and/or vinyl tiles in new and existing premises.
This SWMS does not cover:
- Hazardous Manual Handling, operating a forklift or working with hazardous chemicals in sufficient detail.
- Work in confined spaces.
Dedicated SWMS should be developed for these tasks, and for any risks not covered in this SWMS.
This SWMS includes:
- Safety Notes
- Pre-Start Inspection
- Installation / Laying
- Pack Up
- Emergency Procedures
- Employee sign off section
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Risk Assessment Matrix
Ready to Use
Save time with our pre-filled, fully customisable templates. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks ensuring it is specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and inclusion in your overall WHS System.
- Written by ex WHS inspectors
- Risk ratings before and after control measures
- Provides a framework for training workers
- Can be used as part of tender applications, WHS inductions, and Toolbox talks
Product Extract - Job Set Up (only)
- Old Carpet / vinyl flooring – if any:
- Must be removed from the work area
- Must be stored neatly where it will not create a hazard
- Disposed of correctly- refer to local authority requirements
- Take precautions if old carpet/vinyl has been wet or contaminated by moulds or other biological substances as that may be hazardous to your health - wear PPE such as face masks/ breathing apparatus as required
- Dispose of tack strips in a suitable manner to prevent access to sharps nails.
Concrete: Level, free of imperfections. Use self-leveling concrete over floor if needed (ensure sufficient curing time).
Timber: Boards fastened – tap nails etc as needed. Fill holes, knots and other imperfections with wood filler. Sand until smooth or install hardwood underlay.