The Wharf Mounted Crane Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps for the operation of a Wharf Mounted Hiab Crane. This will be referred to as a ‘Hiab Crane’.
This SWMS does not cover the use and operation of any other type of crane. Nor does it cover the lifting of people, including the lifting of people I workboxes. Dedicated SWMS should be developed for these tasks, and for any risks not covered in this SWMS
- Slip, trip, fall hazard on a slippery and uneven wharf and fall from height hazard over edge of wharf
- Loss of load – crushing, entrapment
- Struck by injuries – swinging load, moving crane jib
- Crane collapse – malfunction
- Manual handling of slings
- Hearing Loss
This SWMS includes:
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
- Lower any raised load to ground level
- Chock load if necessary
- Disconnect the hook from the load
- Remove all lifting gear from load (slings, shackles, etc.)
- Park Hiab Crane in its shutdown position
- Ensure that remote control is locked away in a safe place
- Turn power off at main isolation switch
- Place all lifting gear in a designated area – this should be a rack that is off the ground, out of the weather and direct sunlight
- Lifting gear should be checked while placing on rack
- Any defective equipment must be taken out of service immediately
- Any defects shall be reported to the supervisor as soon as possible.
Take $150 OFF Quality Management System Sale.
Add coupon code QUALITY at checkout.