The Working around Helicopters Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the general safety considerations when working with or near Helicopters, including travelling as a passenger in a Helicopter during normal daytime operations.
This SWMS does not cover Piloting or Co-Piloting a Helicopter. This SWMS does not cover refuelling a Helicopter, in particular Hot Refuelling; or carrying loads from a Helicopter, including hooking up and receiving loads from a Helicopter in-flight in sufficient detail.
- Struck by helicopter – laceration / amputation / death
- Struck by moving object – falling load
- Struck by flying debris
- Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) from hazardous manual tasks
- Noise – Hearing loss
This SWMS includes:
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
- Suitable landing and operation sites
- Equipment requirements for carrying loads, if applicable
- Methods and equipment to be used to communicate between pilot and ground crew
- Hand signals to be standardised and all workers trained and competent to use the hand signals effectively
- Who will be responsible for each aspect of the job (equipment, loads, rigging, passengers etc.)
- Procedure, responses and actions for adverse weather conditions
- Suitable PPE
- Traffic control measures
- Security arrangements.
The Helicopter Pilot is the person who is in overall control of all aspects of each flight they undertake in a Helicopter.
Flight paths to be determined. Consider such as:
- Loads should not be flown over persons
- Loads should not be carried over roadways unless traffic control is in place
- Overhead power lines
- Built up areas
- Crossing bodies of water
- Other air traffic and access to Air Traffic Control.
A job and site specific Risk Assessment must be conducted and documented before flights are scheduled.
Take $150 OFF Quality Management System Sale.
Add coupon code QUALITY at checkout.