Delivered via Email
- Complies with current legislation in all States and Territories
- Fully customisable so you can add your logo and any site specific details
- Customising instructions provided
- Delivered via email for instant download
- You must have Microsoft Word or iAuditor to use this template
Building Maintenance Safe Work Method Statement
This Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps, general hazards associated with building and property maintenance.
Ready to Use
Save time with our pre-filled, fully customisable templates. Simply add your company details and include any site specific details or risks ensuring it is specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and inclusion in your overall WHS System.
Building Maintenance SWMS Content:
- Hazardous Work
- Hot Work
- Hazardous Manual Tasks
- Hazardous Chemicals / Substances
- Use of electrical plant, equipment, appliances, fixture or fittings
- Working remotely or in isolation
- Falls from height, one level to another, on the same level (inc. slips and trips)
- Risk Assessment Matrix
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Job Steps (includes potential hazards and control measures)
- Planning & Preparation
- Training and Capabilities
- Travel to, from & between sites
- Assess onsite conditions
- General repairs i.e. changing handles, replacing doors etc.
- Hazards include: property damage, dust - drilling / cutting masonry, muscular stress, contact with electricity, slips, trips and falls, caulking / sealant, working on sewers, drains and piping, cuts and laceration
- Working at elevated positions
- Working with asbestos
- Using power tools
- On Completion
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Legislative References
- Employee sign off section
- Review & Monitoring
For works carried out on a regular basis a generic SWMS may be prepared and used for those work activities.
Remember: The content of the SWMS should be refined over time and include consultation with workers and other persons conducting a business or undertaking. Prior to each new activity, the SWMS must be reviewed and revised to ensure it applies to the high risk construction work and the actual site you are working at.
Easy to use
Posted by Jim on 27th Oct 2017
This has been such a time saver for me, so easy to understand!
The eastest product to work with
Posted by Jims Building Inspections on 17th Mar 2014
We are so happy with these SWMS they are easy to convert into your own business. Very professionally done.