Delivered via Email
- Complies with current legislation in all States and Territories
- Fully customisable so you can add your logo and any site specific details
- Customising instructions provided
- Delivered via email for instant download
- You must have Microsoft Word or iAuditor to use this template
Chainsaw Safe Work Method Statement
This Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is pre-filled with the safety steps, general hazards and controls associated with the general use of a hand held, petrol/diesel powered chain saw.
Ready to Use
Save time with our pre-filled, fully customisable templates. Simply add your company details and include any site specific details or risks ensuring it is specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and inclusion in your overall WHS System.
Chainsaw SWMS Content:
- High Risk Construction Work
- Mobile Plant
- Work carried out adjacent to a road, railway or shipping lane, traffic corridor
- Risk Assessment Matrix
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Job Steps (includes potential hazards and control measures)
- Planning & Preparation
- Training and Capabilities
- Arrival on site
- Work area set up
- Pre-start check
- Operating the chainsaw
- Refuelling on site
- On Completion
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Legislative References
- Employee sign off section
- Review & Monitoring
For works carried out on a regular basis a generic SWMS may be prepared and used for those work activities.
Remember: The content of the SWMS should be refined over time and include consultation with workers and other persons conducting a business or undertaking. Prior to each new activity, the SWMS must be reviewed and revised to ensure it applies to the high risk construction work and the actual site you are working at.
Praise for Safe Work Statement.
Posted by Bob Collins - Work place Trainer. on 29th Nov 2013
I am using the Chain saw Tree felling and the Heat stress SWMS & find them of good, well written by experts in the field, with not much left to add,
ood work.safety Culture.