Delivered via Email
- Complies with current legislation in all States and Territories
- Fully customisable so you can add your logo and any site specific details
- Customising instructions provided
- Delivered via email for instant download
- You must have Microsoft Word or iAuditor to use this template
Cleaning – Public Areas Safe Work Method Statement
This Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps, general hazards and controls associated with cleaning tasks in areas where public may be present, including shopping centres, commercial building foyers and other common areas.
Ready to Use
Save time with our pre-filled, fully customisable templates. Simply add your company details and include any site specific details or risks ensuring it is specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and inclusion in your overall WHS System.
Cleaning – Public Areas SWMS Content:
- Hazardous Work
- Hazardous Manual Tasks
- Hazardous Chemicals/substances
- Use of electrical plant, equipment, appliance fixtures or fittings
- Working remotely or in isolation
- Falls from height, one level to another, on the same level (inc. slips and trips)
- Risk Assessment Matrix
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Job Steps (includes potential hazards and control measures)
Emergency Response Procedures
Employee sign off section
Review & Monitoring
- Planning & Preparation
- Training and Capabilities
- Assess onsite conditions
- Working with public
- Set up work area with equipment
- Emptying rubbish bins
- Dusting and wiping over seating, planters, bin stands etc
- Working with powered equipment such as polishers, floor cleaners, vacuum cleaners etc
- Spills and sharps management
- Cleaning lifts
- On Completion
For works carried out on a regular basis a generic SWMS may be prepared and used for those work activities.
Remember: The content of the SWMS should be refined over time and include consultation with workers and other persons conducting a business or undertaking. Prior to each new activity, the SWMS must be reviewed and revised to ensure it applies to the high risk construction work and the actual site you are working at.
Posted by Unknown on 31st May 2013
I have brought many of your SWMS and they have been PERFECT! They have all been approved by site specific clients with compliments on the detailed information provided in them. they have saved me so much time and taught me so much. Thank you so much.