Delivered via Email
- Complies with current legislation in all States and Territories
- Fully customisable so you can add your logo and any site specific details
- Customising instructions provided
- Delivered via email for instant download
- You must have Microsoft Word or iAuditor to use this template
Height (Safety Harness) Safe Work Method Statement
This Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps, general hazards and controls associated with the installation of fall restraint anchor points and use of a safety harness.
For any work at heights over 2m (e.g. EWP, scaffolding etc.) a separate, dedicated SWMS relating to these tasks should also be used.
Ready to Use
Save time with our pre-filled, fully customisable templates. Simply add your company details and include any site specific details or risks ensuring it is specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and inclusion in your overall WHS System.
Height (Safety Harness) SWMS Content:
- High Risk Construction Work
- Mobile Plant
- Involves a risk of a person falling more than 2m, including work on telecommunications towers
- Risk Assessment Matrix
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Job Steps (includes potential hazards and control measures)
Emergency Response Procedures
Employee sign off section
Review & Monitoring
Falls Emergency Rescue Plan
- Planning & Preparation
- Training and Capabilities
- Assess Onsite Conditions
- Anchor Point Setup
- Fall Arrest System - Setup
- Harness Inspection
- Donning the Harness
- Attach to Anchor
- Harness Use
- On Completion
For works carried out on a regular basis a generic SWMS may be prepared and used for those work activities.
Remember: The content of the SWMS should be refined over time and include consultation with workers and other persons conducting a business or undertaking. Prior to each new activity, the SWMS must be reviewed and revised to ensure it applies to the high risk construction work and the actual site you are working at.
Thankyou! It helped greatly
Posted by Brittany on 29th May 2014
It helped us in developing our own SWMS. This was fantastic in setting up a base and for us to develop on. It had everything we needed including all relevant codes of practice!