Delivered via Email
- Complies with current legislation in all States and Territories
- Fully customisable so you can add your logo and any site specific details
- Customising instructions provided
- SWMS includes a Hazardous Manual Task Risk Assessment Form
- Delivered via email for instant download
- You must have Microsoft Word or iAuditor to use this template
Manual Handling (General Workplace) Safe Work Method Statement
This Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps, main hazards and controls associated with hazardous manual handling tasks in the workplace.
Ready to Use
Save time with our pre-filled, fully customisable templates. Simply add your company details and include any site specific details or risks ensuring it is specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and inclusion in your overall WHS System.
Manual Handling (General Workplace) SWMS Content:
- Hazardous Work
- Risk Assessment Matrix
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Job Steps (includes potential hazards and control measures)
- Conduct a risk assessment
- Training and Capabilities
- Hazardous Manual Tasks
- Work area setup, placement of equipment, materials, shelving, work stations
- Operating equipment e.g. hand held power tools, fixed power tools, computers etc
- Operating powered mobile plant such as forklifts, trucks, company vehicles etc
- Handling animals
- People handling
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Legislative References
- Employee sign off section
- Review & Monitoring
- Hazardous Manual Task Risk Assessment Form
For works carried out on a regular basis a generic SWMS may be prepared and used for those work activities.
Remember: The content of the SWMS should be refined over time and include consultation with workers and other persons conducting a business or undertaking. Prior to each new activity, the SWMS must be reviewed and revised to ensure it applies to the high risk construction work and the actual site you are working at. or works carried out on a regular basis a generic SWMS may be prepared and used for those work activities.
Manual Handling review
Posted by Unknown on 13th Nov 2017
Clear, comprehensive and useful.