Delivered via Email
- A Logo can easily be added
- Add or Delete information
- Instruction on customising provided
- Receive SWMS via Email in 30 minutes or less!
- Complies with current legislation in all Australian States/Territories and New Zealand
- Support provided during business hours
- Supplied in Microsoft Word format
- Pay once and use it for multiple jobs - NO subscriptions!
Waterproofing Safe Work Method Statement Scope:
This Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps, general hazards and controls associated with the preparation and laying of waterproofing internal wet areas, balconies and roof tops.
If the rooftop does not have an edge barrier (able to support the weight of a person in motion) with a minimum height of 900mm, you will require a ‘working on Roofs SWMS’ that details how the risk of a fall will be reduced or removed.
Job Steps Covered in Waterproofing SWMS:
(includes potential hazards and control measures)
- Planning & Preparation
- Training and Capabilities
- Assess onsite conditions
- Work area setup
- Mixing waterproofing compounds
- Applying membrane
- Torch-on sheet membranes
- Working at elevated positions
- Using power tools
- Remote and/or isolated work
- On Completion
Informative and helps with planing
Posted by Michael Collins on 13th Feb 2013
There was some confusion as to what a SWMS was. Some are of the opinion that it is a risk assessment with no mention as to the work stages or procedures. This document cleared the confusion