Instant Download via Email
- Complies with current legislation in all States and Territories
- Instant Download delivered via email
- MS Word format for easy customisation/editing
- Downloading and Customising Instructions provided
- Assists with compliance requirements for WHS inspections
- Review Date: 26 March 2015
This SWMS covers general hazards associated with works being conducted in a quarry and the safe operation of a rock saw attachment for excavators.
This SWMS is to be used in conjunction with SWMS specific to items of plant (Excavator/Rock Saw etc) and also in conjunction with SWMS that cover specific work tasks being carried out in a quarry, such as grading, excavating, operating mobile plant and vehicles, loading and unloading materials or using explosives. The stone cutting - rock saw - quarry safe work method statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document that outlines the job steps, hazards, risks and control measure typically found with the operation of a rock saw during stone cutting.
This SWMS includes:
- Safety Notes
- Connecting Hydraulic Rock Saw Attachment
- Pre-start inspection
- Emergency Procedures
- Employee sign off section
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Risk Assessment Matrix
Ready to Use
Save time with our pre-filled, fully customisable templates. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks ensuring it is specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and inclusion in your overall WHS System.
- Written by ex WHS inspectors
- Easy customisation with MS Word format (NOT PDF)
- Risk ratings before and after control measures
- Provides a framework for training workers
- Can be used as part of tender applications, WHS inductions, and Toolbox talks
Product Sample (Extract only)
- Use lifting equipment to place attachment into position (via manufacturer’s designed lifting points/anchors) – directly in front of excavator with tool pointing toward excavator body.
- Attach per manufacturer’s instructions. Example:
- Remove attachment from its mounting brackets (disconnect the hydraulic couplers from the inlet and outlet ports)
- Seal the couplers and hoses to prevent dirt from entering system
- Remove mounting pins to detach attachment (rock saw) and bracket from carrying stick
- Connect hydraulic hoses to excavator using hose couplers. Ensure engaged securely.
- Ensure all locking pins are secured in place
- Check attachment (rock saw) is supplied with correct flow and pressure (as per manufacturer)
- Remove non-essential persons from area
- Operator to raise excavator arm slowly and test attachment is secured for use.
Ensure: Correct PPE is worn, safety glasses, goggles, or a face shield when driving pins in or out, or when any operation causes dust, flying debris, or any other hazardous material.
- Keep all step plates, grab bars, pedals, and controls free of dirt, grease, debris and oil
- Never allow anyone to be around the equipment when it is operating
- Do not allow riders on the attachment of the excavator
- Do not operate the equipment from anywhere other than the correct operators position
- Do not alter or remove any safety feature from the excavator or the rock saw attachment.