- Instant Document Delivery via Email.
- Add your logo easily.
- Add or delete information to any SWMS template.
- Customisation instructions provided.
- Complies with Australian & New Zealand legislation.
- Supplied in Microsoft Word format.
- Only pay once (no subscriptions required).
Leak Detection (Gas & Water) SWMS | Safe Work Method Statement
This Leak Detection (Gas & Water) Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) provides the safety measures required for common hazards associated with Leak Detection (Gas & Water).
Simply add your company branding and this SWMS will be ready to use in your business today.
Job Steps Covered in Leak Detection (Gas & Water) SWMS:
(includes potential hazards and control measures)
- Planning & Preparation
Training & Capabilities
- Lack of consultation may lead to potential outcomes for personal injury, property damage &/or environmental incident
- Falls from height > 2m
- Atmospheric hazard - poor air quality/chemical exposures
Arrival & Assess On-site Conditions
- Untrained/non-competent worker
- Exposure to silica dust
- Personal injury, property damage, &/or environmental incident
- Cold/heat stress
- Work adjacent to road & public safety
- Contact with electricity from an existing structure
- Unapproved work
- Cylinder damage
- Hazardous chemicals/substances
- Hazardous manual tasks - musculoskeletal disorder (MSD)
- Slips, trips & falls
Detecting Gas Leak
- Oxygen deficiency (decreased % oxygen due to inert test gas leak)
- Equipment failure
- Hazardous gas exposure
- Exposure to hazardous substances – asbestos, mould &/or lead
Detecting Water Leaks – Pressurised Systems
- Equipment malfunction
- Gas leaks
- Silica dust
- Slips, trips & falls
- Contact with vermin/insects
- Hazardous manual tasks – MSD, cuts, lacerations
Storage of Cylinders
- Hit by objects under pressure
- Punctures and spills from blunt-end syringes (using Dye Test Kit to find leaks)
- Drowning, impact injuries, infection
- Use supplied air dive system
- Reactive contact with other hazardous chemicals
- Slips, trips, falls
- Contact with electricity
- Contact with hazardous materials
- Public safety
Leak Detection (Gas & Water) Safe Work Method Statement Includes:
- Risk Assessment Matrix
- Hierarchy of Controls
- PPE Requirements
- Emergency Response Procedures
Instant Document Delivery via Email
FREE Current OHS Legislation & Codes of Practice Reference List (Value $7.95)
For work carried out on a regular basis a generic Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) may be prepared and used for those work activities.
Remember: The content of a Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) should be refined over time and include consultation with workers and other persons conducting a business or undertaking.
Prior to each new activity, each Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) must be reviewed and revised to ensure they apply to the current work activities and the actual site you are working at.
We're here to help if you need us!
Call 1300 306 604 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday | Email: email@example.com
SWMS Frequently Asked Questions | Helpful Video Tutorials