Delivered via Email
- Complies with current legislation in all States and Territories
- Fully customisable so you can add your logo and any site specific details
- Customising instructions provided
- Includes a Water Truck Pre-Start Checklist
- You must have Microsoft Word or iAuditor to use this template
Mobile Plant (Water Truck) Safe Work Method Statement
This Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps, general hazards and controls associated with driving and operating a diesel or petrol fuelled Water Truck, including delivery of water and spraying of water on ground surfaces. Water trucks have a spray boom fitted to the rear of the truck to spray water for the purpose of dust suppression.
Ready to Use
Save time with our pre-filled, fully customisable templates. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks ensuring it is specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and inclusion in your overall WHS System.
Mobile Plant (Water Truck) SWMS Content:
- High Risk Construction Work
- Risk Assessment Matrix
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Job Steps (includes potential hazards and control measures)
- Planning & Preparation
- Training and Capabilities
- Assess onsite conditions
- Pre start check
- Worker Consultation
- Entering or exiting cabin
- Truck operation
- Spraying Water
- When working outside of truck/cabin
- Obtaining Water from Hydrant or other water source e.g. creek/dam
- Water Pump
- Maintenance on site
- On Completion
- Truck Roll-Over Emergency Response
- Water Truck Pre-Start Checklist
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Legislative References
- Employee sign off section
- Review & Monitoring
For works carried out on a regular basis a generic SWMS may be prepared and used for those work activities.
Remember: The content of the SWMS should be refined over time and include consultation with workers and other persons conducting a business or undertaking. Prior to each new activity, the SWMS must be reviewed and revised to ensure it applies to the high risk construction work and the actual site you are working at.
SWMS for Water Truck
Posted by Stuart Smith on 12th Oct 2015
This document was very user-friendly. It had all the appropriate information and made it much easier for me to complete the required documentation.