The Power Pole Installation Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps associated with power pole installation in the presence of overhead power lines and in close proximity to roads with public vehicular traffic.
Equipment includes Truck Mounted Crane with a mounted pendulum borer.
- Hit by moving vehicle/train
- Crushing from plant roll-over
- Electrocution from overhead power-lines or contact with live electrical rail components
- Exposure to hazardous atmosphere from contact with underground utilities
This SWMS includes:
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
Bystanders are clear of arm radius when swinging around.
Bucket is kept low when loaded, until dumping area or trailer/ vehicle/ truck is reached.
Pendulum Borer. Ensure:
- Locking pins are correctly located
- Pins are locked in place.
- Suitable SWL – do not overload
- Attachment is compatible
- Attachment does not impede view of operator
Note: If attachment is another brand – seek advice from manufacturer to ensure the different attachment does not affect the centre of balance.
Ensure barricades in place to prevent pedestrian access to work area.
Do not allow pole butt to drag on edges.
Pole to be held in middle of hole until it has reached the bottom.
Take $150 OFF Quality Management System Sale.
Add coupon code QUALITY at checkout.