Delivered via Email
- Complies with current legislation in all States and Territories
- Fully customisable so you can add your logo and any site specific details
- Customising instructions provided
- Includes Vehicle Roll-Over Emergency Response & 4WD Remote Area Checklist
- You must have Microsoft Word or iAuditor to use this template
Driving - Remote Areas Safe Work Method Statement
This Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps, general hazards and controls associated with the operation of a 4wd vehicle in remote areas.
Ready to Use
Save time with our pre-filled, fully customisable templates. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks ensuring it is specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and inclusion in your overall WHS System.
Driving - Remote Areas SWMS Content:
- High Risk Construction Work
- Mobile Plant
- Work carried out adjacent to a road, railway or shipping lane, traffic corridor
- Risk Assessment Matrix
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Job Steps (includes potential hazards and control measures)
- Planning & Preparation
- Training and Capabilities
- Assess onsite conditions
- Pre start check
- Vehicle Operation (Travel)
- Crossing Rivers and Creeks
- Driving in sand/mud
- Vehicle Recovery Operations
- Repairs/Tyre Changes
- Working outside of vehicle
- Accidents / Breakdowns
- On Completion
- Vehicle Roll-Over Emergency Response
- 4WD Remote Area Checklist
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Legislative References
- Employee sign off section
- Review & Monitoring
For works carried out on a regular basis a generic SWMS may be prepared and used for those work activities.
Remember: The content of the SWMS should be refined over time and include consultation with workers and other persons conducting a business or undertaking. Prior to each new activity, the SWMS must be reviewed and revised to ensure it applies to the high risk construction work and the actual site you are working at.
Documentation thorough and well done.
Posted by Bill on 11th Aug 2016
Excellent documentation covering water crossings, wheel changing and major vehicle recovery options.