Instant Download via Email
- Complies with current legislation in all States and Territories
- Instant Download delivered via email
- MS Word format for easy customisation/editing
- Downloading and Customising Instructions provided
- Assists with compliance requirements for WHS inspections
- Review Date: 14 March 2014
TheWire-Stranded Fencing Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive procedure outlining the safety steps for the installation of Wire-stranded fencing.
This Work Method Statement (WMS) is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
It provides guidance on the installation of Wire-stranded fencing. This includes constructing fences for livestock control and other purposes.
Covered in this SWMS is delivery of materials, line clearing (earthworks), installation of strainer & running posts, run and strain Wire-stranded (either plain or barbed Wire-stranded), construct and hang gates.
Companion SWMS should include: Telescopic Post Driver, Bite and Sting Prevention, Remote- isolated work
This SWMS does not replace dedicated SWMS specifically relating to the operation or transport of any powered mobile plant.
Main Hazards include:
- Crushing injury
- Collision with other mobile plant or pedestrians
- Eye injury
The Fencing - Wire-stranded Work Method Statement can be used as part of your WHS inductions, for Tool box talks or tender applications.
This SWMS includes:
- Safety Notes
- Loading/Unloading & Transport
- Pre-Operational Inspection
- Operation - Clear Fence Line
- Operation - Mark Out Fence/Dig Post Holes
- Operation - Posts and Pickets
- Operation - Wire-stranded/Straining
- Operation - Gates
- Working near watercourses
- Clean Up
- Emergency Procedures
- Manual Handling - Hazardous Manual Tasks
- LOTO - Lock Out Tag Out
- Trucks - Loading/Unloading
- Contact with Utilities
Operation – Clear Fence Line:
Clear fence line. Ensure:
- SWMS for machine operation in place and followed
- All relevant workers are fully briefed and conversant with proposed work activity.
- Complete an inspection of the intended / proposed work area and identify any specific hazards and relevant controls.
- Operator completes a pre-work inspection of the machine prior to earthwork activities commence.
- Create a flat profile with minimal soil disturbance where possible to limit erosion
- Ensure all workers stay clear of operating machinery, in particular stay clear of blind spots in operator’s vision at all times
- Ground workers are aware of wildlife disturbed by clearing operation. e.g. snakes